Directions to East-Moore from I-95
- The exit you want off of I-95 is 130B which is Route 3 West to Culpeper.
- Travel on Route 3 West for 7.3 miles. There are lots of restaurants and stores here, and the traffic may be heavy. It is usually best to stay in the middle lane.
- You will make a right onto Elys Ford Rd. (traveling north) at the stoplight (the first one you will see after passing the heavy traffic) There is a Civil War parking area with cannons, so it is easy to see.
- On Elys Ford Rd., you travel for about 1 mile and take a right onto US Ford Rd. - just past the entrance to St. Patrick Catholic Church and School.
- Travel US Ford all the way to the end, about 2 1/4 miles.
- At the T, take a left onto Spotswood Furnace Road. You will pass the Hunting Run dam on your left.
- After turning onto Spotswood Furnace, our house will be on the right 1.8 miles from US Ford Road. Our gray mailbox numbered 14801 will be on the left side of the road and the driveway will be just past it on the right.
If you are coming from Route 3 West (Culpeper, Orange, etc.), you will make a left onto Elys Ford Road which is approximately 5.4 miles from the intersection of Route 20 and Route 3 (there is a Sheetz, 7-11, McDonalds, and a small strip mall at that corner.) Then just follow the instructions above starting at item 4.
Spotswood Furnace Rd actually goes all the way to Route 3, but the middle is dirt road and very narrow. It is a pretty drive, but the road tends to get lots of potholes and washboard which makes things a little rough.
For those with a GPS, the coordinates are approximately N38.35715, W77.64550
View Larger Map